Monday, May 21, 2007

Bengbu - Returning to Hallowed Ground



With great pride and pleasure I visited the Bengbu orphanage today!




I was greeted with a great reception from SWI director Mr. Song, and from Orphanage director Ms. Wan.




We exchanged gifts, and I presented her with our present from Packages of Hope.


They recognized every single photo on the photo I gave to them.

I conveyed best wishes from the families that had sent me items to deliver to the ophanage.


They presented me with a beautiful piece of embroidery, as well as artwork from the orphanage children in order for us to raise money for Bengbu Orphanage. Each piece contains a photo and a synopsis of the orphan's history. They are truly amazing!

I took some photos and some video of cute kiddos whose parents are on their way.


It was great to take a peek at the kids!

She mentioned that the toy rocking horses are a HUGE hit, and they could use approximately 50 more.

She mentioned to me that there are 90 children in the 0-3 year old orphanage building, and 60% are disabled.

With her staff of 40 nannies, Ms. Wan provides great care to these children! They looked happy and healthy!

Here's some video of the orphanage for 0-3 year olds used from about 2003 to 2007:

Click here