Monday, May 14, 2007

Made it to China!

Hi from LaGuardia Airport! Saying goodbye to my family was very tough, but my folks came down for my sendoff, and that made things a bit easier on our daughters.

I got a great deal on my flight to China, but it involved a bit of a rough outbound itinerary. I flew from Orlando to New York on Saturday evening, and after an extended layover here, fly from New York to Chicago in the morning to catch the Chicago-Shanghai flight.

As I said, I really shouldn’t complain, as my travel agent spent a very long time with me in order to get this great deal. I even told her about Packages of Hope and what I was doing, which made her work all the harder to book the flights in the time window I was looking for.

But sitting here in the airport at 2am at an all-night cafe, I realize the price I have to pay for the good airfare.

Here's a video of my stay in the airport