Sunday, May 20, 2007

Leaving Lanzhou for Shanghai

It was very difficult to leave Lanzhou this time.





I just couldn't say "thank you" enough to my host, Joe Huo, for his support and hard work in helping Packages of Hope.





He coordinated the audience with the Mayor of Lanzhou, he coordinated our trip to DingXi, to the Chen family, to the No. 34 middle school, AND his office paid for my hotel (including those delicious breakfasts)!





We all owe him a great debt of thanks for all he has done!





On Friday I journeyed to Shanghai, where I was able to spend an evening with Jin YongMing, our dedicated volunteer in China. A truly amazing man, who has selflessly given us so much of his time and effort to distribute our aid in China.



Later, I was able to meet Lei Cheng, another one of our volunteers.



We are really lucky to have such great folks supporting our cause (on a total volunteer basis), in China.


You can see them both here