Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Support

My trip will be a short 2 weeks, and jam-packed with things to do. Although I will be traveling alone from my home in Orlando, I will by no means be alone. I have the support of my family, Packages of Hope, donors, and volunteers in China who have played the largest part of our charity efforts in China. I only hope to diligently and proudly represent them, and do all I can for the children during my short stay.

There are many people that are owed thanks and recognition for this trip. All the donors have touched my heart so deeply, and it gives me a great sense of pride and hope to be associated with such a community.

This community comprises fellow Americans from nearly all 50 states. However, it also extends across borders, around the world. Suzanne Erstad, a Canadian living in Norway, with her students,



have been ardent supporters of Packages of Hope. There are supporters from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, England, France, Finland, Spain, and Singapore.

And I am truly touched by the supporters in China. I have had the great honor to know citizens in Beijing, Shanghai, Lanzhou, and other cities who have contributed time and money to the cause of helping orphans.

Thanks to the Orlando Chinese Professional Association for their support in helping me translate documents.

Thanks for all those who helped me during the last few days in final preparations for my trip, getting me last minute items to take over, giving me such inspiring words of support and well-wishes.

Finally, thanks to my family, the source of my inspiration and my strength.