Tuesday, May 15, 2007

DingXi - Chen family, Street Opera and Dinner - Video

After the visit to the orphanage, we went to visit the Chen family. We made a donation to the wonderful Mr. Chen, and were able to meet with 3 of the 8 children that he (now 82) and his wife (a youthful 81) take care of. Thanks to all the families, including the Heinsohn family, that are donating to make this effort possible!


When I visited with the children, I was swarmed by their classmates wanting to shake my hand and say hello! The experience filled me with joy!

On our way out of town, I stopped by to see street opera being performed.

My host also graciously invited me to a meal. It was SO good! I took some video of some of the more exotic creatures available for consumption.

You can see it all here


I did eat the whole cooked pidgeon, and it was delicious. I did not try the "Extremely Large Toads" though...